View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 10:09 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

5 Worst Concerts (or Individual Performances)

Bury Your Dead - New England Metal and Hardcore Fest : April 15

I was really looking forward to this, as Mat coming back to BYD was in my eyes, saving the band. That shit they were doing w/ Myke was just awful. It was Mat's 1st show w/ the band in 6 years, it was their new drummer's 1st show, combined w/ massive weight gain by both Slim and Mat, the band both sounded and looked like shit. They played without much energy; their drummer fucked up, a lot; the Palladium's PA sucked which made it that much worse, and Mat forgot the vocals a few times and instead made "sounds". Forgetting the lyrics does happen occasionally, so I will forgive him, but it happened at least 5 times. Also (and he did this even before he quit in '06), he just got plain lazy w/ some of the lyrics. His gruff ass barks were sort of just, spoken in a deep voice, I guess would be my best description.

I know this show got great reviews, even by some people here. I guarantee I was drunker than most of them, so it wasn't booze making them enjoy it more. Not sure why people thought it was great. An idea of how bad they look:

07/28-Cannibal Corpse (?)
08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)
11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 12-24-2011 at 12:35 AM.