View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Touche Amore - Parting The Sea Between Brightness And Me

Easy. I honestly don't remember the last time I emotionally connected with an album as much as I do with Touche Amore's latest. There are several songs that I can relate to so much it's scary, but what makes it fantastic is that on the songs I can't relate to personally, they're done in such a good and honest way that I can understand exactly what the music and lyrics are meant to convey. If you can't find at least one song on this album where the lyrics move you, you're either lying to yourself or you have never felt emotions ever.

Aside from the emotional connections, the music here is great. It's short and catchy enough that the songs will get stuck in your head for days (and trust me, they will), but long enough that the album will emotionally drain you by the end. If you really take a listen to this album, from start to finish, you should feel a huge range of emotions. I feel like Touche Amore wrote this album for themselves, but ended up writing it for everyone else as well. A masterpiece.

~
Pathfinder
The Great Repetition
Art Official
Uppers/Downers
Crutch
Method Act
Face Ghost
Sesame
Wants/Needs
Condolences
Home Away From Here