View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 09:20 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
48) Witch Mountain Ė South of Salem
With South of Salem, Oregon doom-metallers Witch Mountain takes us down to the crossroads in the Mississippi delta. Their style of doom metal is very bluesy and of course, slow. Their combination of slow riffs and high-range female vocals is an approach to doom that I havenít heard and is pretty solid. Now, the reason this album is low on the list is because I donít feel that album really progresses over time or really goes anywhere. Most of the songs sound a little too similar for my taste. Considering this album was a decade in the making, youíd think they could write more concentrated songs that progress and evolve, but that didnít happen here. If youíre into groove oriented metal, or wanna hear some modern metal with a bluesy twang, go for it, but other wise you arenít missing anything great by skipping South of Salem, just something fairly good.
Love the bluesy vibe on this one and think the female vocals fit perfectly. They have recently signed on with Profound Lore and will have new album out summer of 2012.