View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 04:41 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

42.Becoming The Archetype-Celestial Completion

Becoming The Archetype is a god damn talented band (no pun intended . I had never actually taken the time to listen to them before Celestial Completion, but I now plan on checking out the rest of their albums (Apparently the consenus is that this is their worst record, if that's the case then their other records must be REALLY fucking good). This is some pretty damn fine progressive death metal with some metalcore undertones. Plenty of guitar solos, unique instrumentation/arrangment, and meancing screams combined with excellent clean vocals. Not an album for everyone, but I'm sure plenty of people on here would dig this record.
Standout Tracks
1.Path of the Beam
2.The Magnetic Sky
3.Elemental Wrath

41.Cannabis Corpse-Beneath Grow Lights Thou Shall Rise

I was skeptical to listen to this record at first. I thought this was going to be a metal version of the Kottonmouth Kings where it's just mindless, annoying songs about weed. To my surprise, this is a record strictly about weed that's very good. This is some catchy fucking death metal. You really don't hear death metal with good hooks, but Cannabis Corpse has them in droves. I was shocked that album worked as well as it did. Cannabis Corpse may be a joke band, but this is some very good death metal even with it's humorous nature and song titles.
Standout Tracks
1.Immortal Pipes
2.Blaze Of Torment
3.Chapel Of Bowls
7/22 Converge

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/