View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
Great review. I'm not sure if I'm surprised at the reaction to Clones. Also, since we are near the end of the tour, I imagine the next tour announcement will come around the end of the year. He has nothing lined up after next week until August, and I can't see him touring anywhere other than North America first. The next tour will probably be his best too! W2MN songs combined with songs from RYFAY (if he doesn't deliver on this, I'll be quite sad) should make for a great show!
I understand why Clones doesn't get much of a reaction. FTF through Dada all were huge flops for him in sales. In fact I couldn't even get those albums for a long time because they were out of print. At least his web page has them for sale and that's how I got them.

I'm not a huge fan of the new album but if if he decides to add anything in whenever he tours again hopefully he sticks with the better songs like I Am Made Of You, Caffine, I'll Bite Your Face Off and When Hell Comes Home. I didn't hear anything about him wanting to play material from RYFAY. I'm not sure if he's even done anything off it since that tour. Freedom, Prince Of Darkness and Roses On White Lace would be great to hear live. He could so some cool theatrics with ROWL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Orianthi's solo stuff really disappoints me. She's a hell of a guitar player... so why make second rate Avril Lavigne music? Pushed in a commerical direction by a greedy manager when she was too young to know better, would be my guess.
That was my guess as to why she writes that kind of material. Or maybe she just thought that was the best way to get noticed, i'm not sure. But with her playing ability combined with her looks, I don't feel she needs to write pop songs to get noticed. Hopefully this tour and Alice himself will help bring out her rock side now.