View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 08:02 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

22. Anthrax - Worship Music

When I seen Anthrax in 2,009 with Dan Nelson, they performed Fight 'Em Til You Can't, and I was excited. The song sounded fucking awesome live. Then, Dan gets the boot and Anthrax enter a sort of perpetual free-fall for 2 years, trying to sort out a permanent singer and get this new album out there to the fans. The result of this two year wait however, is a dam fucking good record. Joey Belladonna back at the helm feels all too natural for these guys, despite there being one or two tracks where his vocals don't quite work with the music. The lead single, 'Fight 'Em Til You Can't', has a great hook in the chorus, with Anthrax seemingly taking a more melodic route with this album, which isn't totally untrue, but that's not to say there's plenty of aggression. Indeed, tracks like 'Earth On Hell', 'The Devil You Know' and 'Crawl' show one of thrash metals oldest institutions still fighting fit and ready to bang your fucking head. The mid section of the album is bookended with two instrumental intros, called 'Hymns', which hold within them a ballad of sorts in tribute to our fallen Dimebag and Ronnie James Dio (R.I.P to both) called 'In The End' a,d my personal favorite song on the record 'The Giant', with the band proclaiming they'll never change, and this proves to take the listener on a little journey through the softer side of these guys, as we tend to forget how old they are, and how much they've been through as members of the metal community. This is a dam good record, listen to it. Loud.

The Giant - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O84qJTcA4cY