View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 06:04 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Alice Cooper -- Kitchener, Ontario -- December 6th, 2011

This was my 5th time seeing Alice (fourth time seeing Anvil) and third time on the No More Mr. Nice Guy tour. I got pretty lucky and managed to get third row seats, which is by far the closest I've ever been. The venue had good sound but a terrible setup. Most times I've seen Alice it's been in a small arena where they put chairs on the floor, but this was an actual theatre and there was basically no room between the rows. Only the people in the first row or so could really get near the stage.

There was supposed to be an opener I'd never heard of, but I guess they canceled because Anvil went on around 7:55. This was by far the best sound they'd ever had and they did their usual bit. I'm not tired of seeing Anvil, I'd just like to see a longer/better setlist. At least they added Swing Thing this time.

March of the Crabs
Fukin 'eh
New Orleans Voodoo
Mothra (extended)
Swing Thing
Metal on Metal

I knew Alice's set would be the same but I still think he destroyed. I had heard that Orianthi isn't very good but I was impressed with her performance. The only thing that I didn't like was her little solo (which was mainly pentatonic runs/licks from Van Halen). On the other hand, it was a pretty short solo so it wasn't like it interrupted the show very much. The rest of the band was just as good as the other times I'd seen them and Alice sounded great. Despite the numerous picks thrown, I only managed to get an Orianthi one at the end and I couldn't get a Billion Dollar Baby dollar bill. I definitely wouldn't want to see Alice again on this tour, or even on the next one if his new album weren't a masterpiece, but I really like W2MN so I'll probably go again!

Vincent Price Intro
The Black Widow
Brutal Planet
I'm Eighteen
Under My Wheels
Billion Dollar Babies
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Hey Stoopid
Is It My Body
Halo of Flies
I'll Bite Your Face Off
Muscle of Love