View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

It's nice to finally see some Metal albums I recognize on a list (even if they are on a disappointments list).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
01 Edguy - Age of the Joker
Despite how much I was scared when Rocket Ride came out, and how much Tinnitus Sanctus didn't exactly change anything, I was still hopeful for a new Edguy album. They've been one of my favorite bands for years, Hellfire Club is one of my favorite albums ever made, and Tobias Sammet wrote and released 2 great albums in 2010 with Avantasia. Sadly all my hopes were in vein. I wouldn't say this flat out sucks, there are a handful of tracks I enjoy, but for the first time in the band's career, there are less tracks I enjoy than ones I don't, and a couple of them just flat-out suck. I would say this band is pretty much done at this point, sadly.
I actually think this album is better than Tinnitus Sanctus. There are a few really cool tracks (the first two and "Two out of Seven") and the rest is certainly listenable. Obviously he's doing way better with Avantasia, and I don't expect Edguy to be amazing again, but I'm not that disappointed with this album (nowhere near my top 10 though). What is disappointing are their recent setlists.

Quote:
03 FullForce - One
FullForce are a supergroup of Prog/Power musicians, including Cloudscape vocalist Michael Andersson, Hammerfall drummer Anders Johansson, ex-Hammerfall guitarist Stefan Elmgren, and Carl Johann Grimmark of Narnia and Rob Rock fame. I had high expectations for this project, but ultimately, it just didn't deliver. I think songwriting is mainly to blame - the songs just aren't as strong as they should be.
I still haven't heard this one, but I expected a lot out of it. I'm one of the biggest HammerFall fans there is, so I've been waiting since Stefan left Hammerfall for him to return to music.
10/17 - Satan
10/18 - King Diamond