View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 08:07 AM
...So let the children come to me, their mother loves me so shall they...

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
Same, I am seeing them on an off-date with Zoroaster (they're local) and The Body soon. Excited as hell

Landmine Marathon - Gallows

Landmine Marathon is one of the most badass death metal bands around today. Granted, they worship Bolt Thrower a bit too much, but they're much more modern-sounding, and they've got a bit of their own sound as well. If you've never listened to them before, I'd urge you to check them out immediately.

Anyway, on to the album. At first listen I was a bit disappointed. No memorable songs or anything. It felt like they were going in the absolutely same direction (not necessarily a bad thing) but not pushing themselves at all. It took several more listens but it's finally warmed up to me. There are a couple memorable songs, actually. However, it is important to note that this album is still nowhere near as good as their previous album, Sovereign Descent. But since these guys have such a unique sound, it's always refreshing to hear them with new material.

Three Snake Leaves
Cutting Flesh and Bone
Good pick. I've been pretty surprised to see this album nowhere on anyone else's list.
A Broken Team
No Word Said
A Silent Vow
We Loved You Then
We Love You Now