View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 10:14 PM
N00B

Megadeth -- Bogota, Colombia -- November 23rd, 2011

Review by Dave Mustaine himself

Quote:
OMG! I have just officially had my ass kicked! The audience in Bogotá was the best audience of the tour so far!!!

I was sick and my voice was betraying me, but it didn't matter! The fans were so amazing that I can't help but think "shame on me" for waiting so many years to come back to Colombia.

I was absolutely blown away!!! The audience sang so loud it was damn near deafening, they headbanged all night, there were enormous pits, the barricade buckled and needed to be reinforced due to the fans wanting to be near us, and all along the front was the most beautiful girls and guys, that I couldn't let the fact I was sick slow me down!

We debuted "Guns, Drugs, & Money" and my slight nervous disorder stirred up the remnants of dyslexia and I introduced the song as "Drugs, Guns, & Money" and since this was the first time we have ever played the song together, I expected a disastrous outcome, but it was actually received pretty well.

Anyway, we are off to La Paz next, and we will be playing on Friday the 25th, so tomorrow (Thanksgiving) we will be traveling.

Please let me make clear how thankful I/we are for our South and Central American fans. It's also obvious we are all deeply in love with our own families, friends, and our teammates.

I look forward to playing Friday, and working our way back home, but tonight has given us a memory to cherish forever.

God bless you all,

Dave Mustaine :-*
Setlist:

Trust
Wake Up Dead
Hangar 18
She-Wolf
Public Enemy No. 1
Angry Again
A Tout Le Monde
Poison Was the Cure
Head Crusher
Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
Dawn Patrol
Sweating Bullets
Guns, Drugs & Money (World Premiere)
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
---------------------------------
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

Last edited by cristianrock; 11-23-2011 at 10:16 PM.