View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
Besides, with all due respect to bloodofthekings, I never really thought that people actually liked GWAR's music, just their shows
Why am I "that guy" who likes Gwar's music? We have a quite a few fans of their music on here and i'm only the second biggest (Dayan takes the cake with his giant collection of rare Gwar memorabilia). Honestly I don't get why so many people think they're music is shitty. I think many people don't really give them a chance and for some odd reason the main songs that pop up when you type in Gwar on youtube are Fuckin' an Animal (terrible song) and Penguin Attack (I like it but it's a bad introduction to the band). That and the people who only go for the stage show wouldn't get to hear the songs played very good because Oderus is a very sloppy performer (often forgets lyrics, skips verses, and changes the vocal melodies). Maybe there's something wrong with my ears but when I hear songs like Crack in the Egg, Maggots, Vlad the Impaler, or Glided Lily I hear quality thrash that's just as good as any Exodus, Testament, etc. They also have a variety of sounds across their discography and I love most of them. Gwar are damn good musicians but people can't seem to look past the fact that they dress up like power ranger villains and spew fake blood and semen on their audience which makes them a joke band and nothing else. Also, I think the existence of the annual Gwar-BQ where for every year til this year they played out of costume and plenty of die-hard fans from all over still show up dis proves these accusations.

tl;dr: Your wrong.

EDIT: I was a little harsh on Oderus. When he fucks up the songs it's often because he's trying to rip the tits off a celebrity or something but I stick to my point.

Last edited by BloodoftheKings; 11-22-2011 at 08:17 PM.