View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 06:44 AM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

Cauldron -- Montreal, Quebec -- November 19th, 2011

Venue: L'Hémisphère Gauche
Other band playing: Flying Fortress

An epic concert for only 6$! It was organized by one of my friends for his 30th birthday.

Crosstitution killed it. They're music sounded like swedish old school death metal with grindcore influences. They were brutal as fuck and they had a great frontman . He kept insulting the crowd, calling us "human garbage" and telling us to shoot ourselves in the head. Thus, he had killer vocals (a raging growl/scream close to a dog's bark) and his facial expressions were awesome. Their performance was really intense, they were slamming into eachother on the stage. I loved their set.

Flying Fortress were really fun too. The band consists of the two members of the now defunct Goat Horn (excluding Jason Decay). They're a bass/drum duo. Brandon's bass tone was absolutely crushing: it was so heavy and distorted that there was no need for a guitar. Some of the songs leaned more towards speed metal, while others had a stoner/doom sound. They were one of the heaviest bands I've seen.

This was also the album release show of local thrash band Alcoholator's debut album: "Coma". Obviously, they were totally wasted when they got on stage and they kept on drinking. As their drummer told me, they get drunk at their rehearsals so they're able to play their songs while being drunk . They played the full album, plus some really fun covers. The vocals sounded like early Destruction and they had an old school sound.

Finally, Cauldron played and it was epic, though a bit short. About half of the crowd had left, but the ones who stayed had a great time, headbanging and singing the lyrics with the band.

Crosstitution

Fuck the Future
7th Seal Meltdown
Peace of Shit
Pushed to the Temple
Soon to Be Dead (Dismember cover)
Without God Revolution
Infiltrate the Liar
Sociophrenia
Aggravated Assault

Alcoholator (a bit out of order)

Alcoholator