My hand got this pistol shakin, cause I sense danger
like Camp Crystal Lake and
don't wanna shoot him, but I got him, trapped
within this infrared dot, bout to hot him and, hit rock bottom
No answers to these trick questions, no time shit stressin
My life found I got ta live for the right now
Time waits for no man, can't turn back the hands
once it's too late, gotta learn to live with regrets" - Jay Z

An Incredible debut album with great production and some powerful epic lyrics and rhymes by one of the most overrated rappers
in the history of hip hop.

Reasonable Doubt is the debut album of American rapper Jay-Z, released June 25, 1996 on Roc-A-Fella Records in the United States and on Northwestside Records in the United Kingdom. The album features production by DJ Premier, Ski, Knobody and Clark Kent, and guest appearances from Memphis Bleek, Mary J. Blige, and The Notorious B.I.G., among others. Similar to Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... (1995), Reasonable Doubt incorporates a mafioso theme, while it also integrates topics such as betrayal and reminiscence. Reasonable Doubt has received strong critical reviews and has been heralded as Jay-Z's "crowning achievement", "a seminal work" and an "undisputed classic". Over the years, the album has appeared on a number of famous publishers "best of" lists, including The Source, which selected it on their 100 Best Rap Albums,

What happen to Jay Z after "Reasonable doubt" is beyond me. The Jay Z that we see today is the multimillionaire billion dollar "sell out" who is banging and married to Beyonce of destinys child. Lets rewind back to late 1995/early 96' shall we??...Here we see an up and coming drug dealing, hustling hood rats(if you dont know what a hood rat is, you should look it up) on the hour by the hour, hardcore Jay Z comin' straight from the slums of Brooklyn N.Y. Rapping about his good ol' days as a hustler and drug dealer, We see Jay Z delve deep into the underground-crime city filled mind state that filled the young N.Y native during his early years in the era of rap. His flow verses are so slick and the things that he says one after another was just ahead of its time, especially in "1996" when albums like "All eyez on me" by 2pac and other records such as"Soul on Ice" by Rass Kass were hitting shelves. JAY was a fucking monster During the early to mid 90s(During the early 90s he was just a rising underground artist that was touring the world with BIG DADDY KANE).

This shit is wicked on these mean streets
None of my friends speak
We're all trying to win
but then again..
Maybe it's for the best though 'cause when they're seeing too much
You know they're trying to get you touched
Whoever said illegal was the easy way out couldn't understand the mechanics
And the workings of the underworld...granted
Nine to five is how to survive I ain't trying to survive
I'm trying to live it to the limit and love it a lot
Life ills,poison my body
I used to say 'fuck mic skills,' and never prayed to God, I prayed to Gotti
That's right it's wicked, that's life I live it
Ain't asking for forgiveness for my sins, endz
I break bread with the late heads, picking their brains for angles on
all the evils that the game'll do
It gets dangerous, money and power is changing us
And now we're lethal, infected with D'Evils... - Jay Z "The Evils"

After this record, Jay z went onto become a multimillionaire sell out releasing a shit ton garbage. But none of the later releases would even be able touch this classic record. And once again, just like the many albums that I have posted before hand, DR PREMIER from Legendary Hip hop Duo "Gang starr" fills in for some deadly melodic tunes to back Jay up with. Some of the hardest and deepest Beats Primo has come up with in his career as an "instrumentalist beat maker extraordinaire" can be found on this record(at least up until that point, but Premier took it to a whole other level in the late 90s with his right hand man Guru to come out with what I call "the last great epic hip hop album to come out of the 90s"). Too bad Premier and jay z didn't make an album during the early 90s. their chemistry really works beautifully on this album, especially in the haunting "The Evils" or the classical piano loop filled "Bring it on". and I gotta give jay his applause. The way he makes the listeners get his attention on the things and the evils that hustling can do to you is just WOW.....Rappers always talk about drug dealing and the hard times living in the ghetto. But Jay actually tells you what happens to your brain, the scar tissues that the evils,that THE game of hustling can do to you, the betrayals and regrets , and by god he shows it in the haunting "The Evils" which is just a fucking DARK track from the start of the hook down to the last second, and the very classic closer yet mellow and very peaceful "Regrets" which is a song i always find my self going back to whenever i'm in a shitty bummy, regretful mood(especially when I start reminiscing on past mistakes I made or ones I could have prevented, or people that i missed and wont see anymore, ect you get it. )

I really dont get why people think jay z is one of the greatest, not even close. This album proves that Jay was more than just a stupid radio friendly pop icon..He was a fucking lyricist goddammit.., but had he stayed real and true like this epic record, he would have went on to make some classic music and gain his territory as "one of the greatest to ever hold a mic".... Too bad the mainstream took over his balls...

Once again i must say one last time. The jay z we see TODAY is not the same jay z we are grown to love and enjoy in this record. This album proved that Jay z was a lyrical Genius. Do me a favor folks. Listen to the songs "The Evils" and "Regret" and you'll understand what the hell I'm talking about....the stuff hes rapping about isn't even rap, that shit is fucking deep as poetry! Fucking amazing record by one of the most overrated rappers of all time.

The Evils
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYVY6dU83SY

Regrets
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrudMt-28WU

BRING IT ON
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZLXt3KGTBI
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 11-13-2011 at 02:37 PM.