View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 09:06 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

34. It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold us back...

Group: Public Enemy
Producer: TERMINATOR X and the BOMB SQUAD
Album Title: It takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
Recorded: 1987
Released: 1988

It should go without saying that this album and the next album to come out by public enemy are two of the most important and most influential records in the history of Hip Hop and its birth. If you call your self a true rap fan and you never heard of public enemy or their importance in the realm of hip hop...chances are you don't know a lot about Hip Hop.....This really needs no use for my messy rant, so i'll just take the easy way out for this one...

Public Enemy is an American hip hop group consisting of Chuck D, Flavor Flav, Professor Griff and his S1W group, DJ Lord (DJ who replaced Terminator X in 1999), and Music Director Khari Wynn. Formed in Long Island, New York in 1982, Public Enemy is known for their politically charged lyrics and criticism of the American media, with an active interest in the frustrations and concerns of the African American community. Public Enemy started out as opening acts for the Beastie Boys during the latter's Licensed to Ill popularity, and in 1987 released their debut album Yo! Bum Rush The Show

However, over the next few years Public Enemy released It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, Fear of a Black Planet, and Apocalypse 91… The Enemy Strikes Black. In addition to ushering in the golden age of hip hop, during this time, Public Enemy reached the height of their popularity, adulation, and controversy. The group then separated from Def Jam and has since been independently producing, marketing, and publishing their music

a hell of a lot better than how I would of put it

So were do I start off in this oh so awesome rant? Well let me first be to say that

Public Enemy is the most metal hip hop group ever...I will say that one more time...

Public Enemy is the MOST Metal hip hop group to ever come out of fucking hip hop and you want to know why?

Because they are the only rap group in the history of hip hop to sample Slayers Angel of Death...

i will repeat my self one more time for those that were lost at what I said.

Public Enemy is the only group in the history of Hip hop and rap to sample heavy metal, more importantly...SLAYER....And of all songs?...ANGEL OF FUCKING DEATH... It also happens to be the worst track on the album

Meh Atleast they tried. But next time don't try and mix evil Holocaust-Slayer tunes with Militant black lyrics.

Anyways. Some will find this cliche but it's very true.....When this album first hit the shelves it was deemed by many people as one of the scariest most dangerous albums to ever hit the music industry. Seriously folks! When 1987-88 came strolling along, there was no group that created the sound that Public Enemy had. They created and developed they're own music that would be a blue print for hip hop and THIS ALBUM is a pure example... This album as well as "Fear of a Black" planet are hailed by many critics in the music biz as two of the most important albums ever made(forget the genre for a second folks). I can't imagine how much of an impact this album made during the 80s....Again folks....This was seen by almost everyone in the music biz as the scariest most dangerous records to come in the 80s....Public Enemy were something back then....

Chuck Ds Angry militant lyrics mixed with Flavor flaves retarded hype man rants mixed with Terminator X's Incredible instrumentals makes me wanna go outside and pump my fist in the air and call out "The man". Thats how hard this album goes. And it goes without saying that if you're trying to get into the history of hip hop then is a great place to start(or some run dmc and Sugar Hill Gang works well too). Anways, i gott nothing left to say about how legendary this LP is...Cop it outta stash box folks

Bring the Noise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvy7MWjfVPE

Don't Believe the Hype
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK8sxngSWaU

TERMINATOR X TO THE EDGE OF PANIC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKlNb_GN55c

Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PmsBpBKGIY

"NOW THEY GOT ME IN A CELL?" - Chuck D
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 11-13-2011 at 10:28 AM.