View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 07:18 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
No Big Daddy Kane.
Would you hate me if I said I really love Big Daddy Kane but I don't think that hes up there as one of the greatest? I KNOW I should get slapped in the face for that, considering that he is in almost every single persons top 5 greatest list. Don't get me wrong, his importants to hip hop will always remains legendary and remembered, but personally dude.. he never really "Wow"ed me like the way Rakim, Kool G Rap and the Late Guru did. Also, I donno if this helps or not...but Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap(whom I have as my number one as the greatest) both started off in the same rap group when they were both up and coming rising artists. Kool G Rap and Big Daddy Kane both started out in "The Juice Crew" which consisted of 4-5 hip hop artists all hailing from queensbridge New York including the great Marley Marl, But hell I'm sure you already knew that since you seem to be the only guy on this that board loves hip hop just as much as I do, Hell heres a music video Kool G Rap and Big Daddy made, a great powerful song about about racism.

Erase Racism. I love how big daddy kane, Kool G Rap and Biz markie are just sitting on the steps by some neighborhood just spitting about real shit...fuck I love old school hip hop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFvbSU1eCt0

So yeah, I love big daddy kane but I never got that "Wow" factor from him like the way I did when i first heard Guru, Krs, Kool G Rap, or rakim.

Sorry man, Don't hate me!!!
11/14 - Slayer