Old 11-08-2011, 01:23 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

45. The Geto Boys: The Geto Boys

Group:The Geto Boys
Producer: DJ READY RED
Title:The Geto Boys
Recorded: 1988-1990
Released: 1990

Geto Boys (originally spelled Ghetto Boys) is a rap group from Houston, Texas, consisting of Scarface, Willie D and Bushwick Bill. The Geto Boys earned notoriety for its lyrics which included misogyny, gore, psychotic experiences, and necrophilia. Despite the explicit content of their songs, critic Alex Henderson argues that the group "comes across as much more heartfelt than the numerous gangsta rap...wannabes who jumped on the gangsta bandwagon in the early ’90s."[1] The Geto Boys broke new ground with their soulful southern sound (a precursor to the Dirty South style).

I remember one day walking around best buy in 2002 and trying to find a cd that i never heard of. And I stumbled upon this album cover that reminisced of a Beatles cover...only this time it was four dirty rugged looking mother fuckers and the title said geto boys. So i said "why the fuck not?", so i got the album. Played it and I was HOOKED instantly. This was one of the most original sounding gangster albums I had ever stumbled upon. It felt like my ears were having an orgasm from how awesome and old school this shit was. I had never heard anything like this before. The Geto Boys were the true original mcs of hardcore/gangter rap during the mid to late 80s to early 90s. This album is a stone cold classic. Trigger happy nigger is one of the best old school hip hop songs ever made.

Trigger Happy Nigger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMGGUCGbmfM

City Under Siege
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWeBm61vBhU
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 11-08-2011 at 07:27 AM.