View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 04:58 AM
Headbanger

Exhorder were one of the main bands targeted by the PMRC back in the day. When you put out an album called Slaughter in the Vatican I guess you expect some of that and it did hinder Roadrunner from properly supporting them and putting them on tours. On the other hand the publicity they received by being on Geraldo and news shows should have been priceless.

Between that and once Pantera blew up then named Exhorder as one of their main influences you would think this band had everything it took to be huge. Their 2nd album they changed their guitar sound to sound more like Pantera and everyone expected them to blow up. It never happened. I have no idea why but they never put out another album and never toured around here for this album. The only word in interviews was that they were all slackers and just wanted to play local clubs and party. If that's true, what a waste.

The Law is a great album and one of my favorites back in the day. I still throw it in and jam out every once in a while and this song always gets me singing and headbanging. It's just something about it.

#21 - Exhorder - (Cadence of) The Dirge
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch & Janes Addiction