View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Got to wonder about some people who go to these things though. One middle-aged guy asked me (bearing in mind I'm comfortably 10 years younger than him) "who's that other guy singing?" after 'Fire'. And another one, similar age, was saying to his mate on the train afterwards "I loved it during the hits, but I didn't know any of the other songs and they didn't do anything for me, I was falling asleep for about 20 minutes in the middle".
To be fair, it's an Alice Cooper concert, so people are there for Alice. I only know of Arthur Brown because I'm a huge Alice freak, but I'm not particularly interested in his music, and I certainly wouldn't recognize him on stage.

As for the other guy, I think it's somewhat fair. Alice has 26 albums and I don't expect the average fan to know of anything from Flush the Fashion, Muscle of Love, Hey Stoopid, or Brutal Planet.

With that said, I'd love for him to drop some hits in favour of some songs that haven't been played lately. Though I doubt he'll change, I've heard that this tour hasn't hit the UK until now, so he might change it upon returning to North America. At least the Welcome 2 My Nightmare will be amazing (partly because of more songs from RYFAY )