View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Alice Cooper -- Mannheim, Germany -- October 22nd, 2011

Had a great time at my first foreign concert the other night. It was essentially the same show I saw back in August in West Virginia but this time I was much, much closer so that was awesome. I was on the rail just off from center and was extremely close to Alice when he would walk out on the ego ramps. Being that close I noticed a few little things, such as the Alice clone masks during Clones (We're All), that I missed back in August. I also got to see the snake up close... I hate snakes. It was also cool to see Alice bring out the German flag for Elected. Orianthe was cool, I honestly don't even remember what the dude she replaced looked like back in August.

The crowd was much more into the show than they were in the States and the place seemed to be about sold out so that was nice. I caught an Alice Cooper 100 dollar bill during Billion Dollar Babies. I would've liked to see some more stuff from Welcome 2 My Nightmare because I think it's a good album but I love all the songs that he's doing so I can't complain too much. I'm really glad he's doing two songs from Brutal Planet, my favorite Alice Cooper album.

Merch was pretty much the same as in the US, I passed on the shirt because I already got one in August and it was the same design just with the Australian / European / American second leg dates on it.

Setlist:
Vincent Price intro

1. The Black Widow
2. Brutal Planet
3. I'm Eighteen
4. Under My Wheels
5. Billion Dollar Babies
6. No More Mr. Nice Guy
7. Hey Stoopid
8. Is It My Body (with snake)
9. Halo of Flies (with instrumental jam)
10. I'll Bite Your Face Off
11. Muscle of Love
13. Only Women Bleed
14. Cold Ethyl
15. Feed My Frankenstein (with giant Frankenstein)
16. Clones (We're All)
17. Poison
18. Wicked Young Man
19. Killer / I Love The Dead (Alice dies)
20. School's Out (with Another Brick In The Wall snippet)
---
21. Elected

Some of the better pictures I got from the show:

7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac