View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 11:07 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I have a couple of surprises at The Top 25 and Top 10 mark just to keep it interesting. Moving on to a band that has so many great songs but this one was always one of my favorites and rarely received any accolades or was played live. Hatebreed recently covered it and gave it some exposure so hopefully it starts to get the credit it deserves. To me Join the Army was a HUGE drop off from the S/T ST album but this song was one of the few good enough to be on that cd to me. I Feel Your Pain is another favorite...

Intersting story. I go to pick my buddy who was a hardcore punk rocker with huge mohawk for this show. He sees my Metallica - Ride the Lightning Tour shirt and tells me that I'm going to get the living shit beat outta me at the show. I tell him he's crazy and that this is the coolest shirt I own and he said metalheads get pummeled at punk shows. I laugh and say I'll be fine headbanging, singing along and minding my own business. As we walk up to the door at a place called The Bank, the guy taking our $10 tells me for my own good I should turn my shirt inside out. At this point I'm like WTF? Really? Had I not been wasted I might have done it at that point but decided not to. Bottom line I got some mean mugging looks and took a few direct hits from moshers but stood my ground and had an incredible time. Watching my 5'5 buddy with his 10' mohawk moshing was a sight to see and getting to hear all my favorite ST songs was worth it. One for the annals...

#34 - Suicidal Tendencies - Suicidal Maniac
Man, I thought it was a known fact that in the 80s/early 90s, metalheads and punks hated each other and would beat the shit out of each other at shows...