View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 03:52 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wroed View Post
What happened Andy?
Far too many support bands, as has become the penchant for London promoters it seems, was the main problem.

This show did not need 3 opening bands. So, doors at 7pm, three bands to play before L.A. Guns, and a total retard of a roadie (his blatant OCD over tiny little things on stage meant that after 20 minutes of activity on stage, the drum kit still didn't have any cymbals) meant L.A.G didn't go on until 22:15. On a Sunday. As noted previously, you can't do that in London on a Sunday.

So come about 23:15 half the crowd starts leaving, because the tube only has about 15 minutes left to run. I would estimate that played Electric Gypsy and Rip And Tear to half a room. Attendance was otherwise very good. About three times as many people there as turned up for Redemption the week before.

Other small things contributed to the overall impression that The Underworld is still a joke venue. Security weren't checking tickets on the door. I just walked straight in. And the guy doing the house music played the same four songs over and over again ('Hey You' by The Quireboys, 'Dead Girls Are Easy' by The 69 Eyes, 'Hot' by Reckless Love and something else). Sometimes the same one twice in a row. Then just stood there pulling poses and singing along.

On top of that, L.A. Guns just weren't all that good. Stacey Blades was sloppy, Steve Riley should never play drum solos, and although I liked that they've changed the setlist up nicely, they picked too many boring songs. 'My Koo Ka Choo', 'Nothing Better To Do', 'Showdown (Riot On Sunset)' and 'Sleazy Come Easy Go' were dull. And all played in a row meant a real mid-set lull. Lots of people went for smoking/bar/toilet breaks.

Loved seeing 'Vampire' and 'Gypsy Soul' live though. And Phil is in very good voice.

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary

Last edited by ravenheart; 10-10-2011 at 03:56 AM.