Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post

24. Thorr's Hammer - Dommedagsnatt
Death/Doom Metal

1. Norge
2. Troll
3. Dommedagsnatt
4. Mellom Galgene (Live)

Here's one that most of you are probably unfamiliar with, and that's a damned shame. The reasons for that can be summed up in the following names: Greg Anderson, Stephen O'Malley, and Guy Pinhas. Many of you will recognize the first two names as the members of Sunn O))), and most of you are probably aware that Greg Anderson is the founder of Southern Lord Records, which is probably the most awesome metal record label there is. You might also recognize Guy Pinhas from Goatsnake, The Obsessed, and Burning Witch. Basically, it needs to be understood that this is the first project of Anderson and O'Malley, who both helped shape the doom world. I haven't yet mentioned the most important piece of the band though, 17 year old female Norwegian exchange student (who I've heard was dating Ihsahn at the time), Runhild Gammelsaeter, who was the bands vocalist. She is by far the most ungodly female metal vocalist I have ever heard. She growls deeper than most men do, and has a beautiful clean voice. The four songs on this EP are crushing slabs of death/doom metal done right. This project was short lived, however, as Gammelsaeter had to return to Norway, after which most of the band went on to form Burning Witch.

Highlights:
Once again, there are too few songs to pick highlights, just listen to the whole thing!

Nice pick, this is a great EP.