View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 09:05 PM
N00B

I'm a huge fan of these guys and try and see them every time they come to the states. I started listening to them back in high school because they did string versions of Metallica songs. But once I delved into their discography I found myself skipping the Metallica covers when they came on my ipod. Their original arrangements are amazing. Very rarely, if at all, would I consider them a "metal" band. I can never see myself moshing to their music. Casual headbanging, yes.

For those who expected to see a metal show, listen to the song 'Bring Them To Light' off their new album. Joe from Gojira sings on it and it is amazing

Also, someone mentioned they didn't like how the guys stand up while playing. They do sit down during more melodic songs. It would be really weird if they were playing something fast and heavy and sitting down. However, up until just a year or so ago, they had their session cellist, Antero Manninen, come on tour. Antero is a true classic cellist. He would sit and play the whole show.