View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 11:34 AM
somebody somewhere

Bush -- Anaheim, CA -- September 28th, 2011

VENUE:City National Grove of Anaheim.Source:Myself.
So I decided to go to my first concert alone after many shows.This was right down the street from me,so I decided to give it a shot.This was the Bush and Chevelle co-headlining tour with Filter opening.The grove is a great place to see a show,not too big or too small,I'm guessing it holds around 2000 people max.I have seen Alice Cooper and Halford here as well,love this place.Anyways,I got there and Filter had already finished their set.I was planning on missing them as I am older now and don't like standing around for every band anymore.Chevelle came on and sounded pretty good.More stage presence than last time I saw them(2003),they were into it.Not the greatest live band but not bad.I actually went to see them more than Bush.My only complaint is that they didn't play Letter From a Thief,one of my favorite songs from them.The new song wasn't bad and came off pretty good.Next up was Bush.I was expecting them to be good, as I have seen them before.I wasn't expecting them to be as great as they were last night.They sounded great and Gavin was all over the stage running around and getting into it.His vocals sounded great as well.He had really good stage presence and impressed me.The small light show they had even looked sick.I knew they would play a few new tunes,and wasn't sure how that would be.The new songs turned out being great live and they spaced them out in the set perfectly.No complaints about the performance from Bush,they were flawless and I would recommend them to anyone considering checking them out.I went to setlist fm.to get the names of the new Bush songs and to make sure I didn't forget anything.
CHEVELLE

family system
jars
get some
vitamin r
face to the floor(new song)
sleep apnea
send the pain below
an evening with el diablo
Comfortable Liar
The Red
The Clincher