View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 10:07 PM
N00B

Opeth -- Philadelphia, PA -- September 24th, 2011

The venue (Trocadero) was as packed as I've ever seen it. Maybe because you could get in free with a Philadelphia Film & Music Festival pass. Don't know. Either way, it was pretty hot in there. They had some fans up near the stage which kept it tolerable. But they turned the fans off halfway through the show, because they were drowning out the soft parts of the music. After that it was uncomfortably hot.

I don't have Katatonia's set. Sorry.

The Devil's Orchard
I Feel the Dark
Face of Melinda
Porcelain Heart
Pyre
The Throat of Winter
Closure
Patterns in the Ivy II
Slither
A Fair Judgement
Hex Omega
Folklore

Same Opeth setlist, except they replaced Nepenthe with Pyre. Mikael said this was the first time they had performed Pyre in front of an audience.

Also, Closure and Patterns in the Ivy II might be in the wrong order. Can't remember.

This was a cool show to see -- Face of Melinda, Porcelain Heart, A Fair Judgement, and Hex Omega alone were worth the price of admission. But at the same time, it's nowhere near the best Opeth show that I've been to. I have nothing against any of these songs individually, but I'd rather hear them as part of a more diverse setlist. If Mikael doesn't want to growl anymore, that's fine -- just play the songs instrumentally, or hire a touring vocalist to do the growls.