View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlamesOfBirchmen View Post
I can't say I'm surprised, but the fact that Mikael is actually apologizing for the set is a bit concerning. Like you said, why bother playing it if the artist isn't confident in it?
He's doing what he wants to do. As a musician, I completely understand that. I'd rather the band do this than just go through the motions. Good example: The whole Strapping Young Lad situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackedUpForBBQ View Post
Hell, I'd love to hear this set. Bottom line it's OPETH and anyone at the show who calls themselves a fan should get enjoyment out of it. I like the fact that they're doing something different for a change, and that they still drastically change up their set from tour to tour.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
You know, I'm starting to come to terms that I'm going to be seeing a completely clean Opeth concert here. Sure, I'm disappointed, but also a little excited at the opportunity this presents.

That being said, as we've stated before, there are MUCH better "clean" Opeth songs they cold be playing. And it looks like the set isn't really gonna change...

EDIT: If they throw in Atonement, I will completely forgive them.
Have you even seen Opeth live before? If you haven't you should just top your complaining now, because you're going to have a good time. Trust me. Opeth's clean stuff is awesome live. Sure there are some other songs that he could be putting in, but you also need to keep in mind that the only song in this entire set that they played on the last US tour is Closure, and I'm fine with that because Closure live is an experience. They're changing it up, and I'm fine with that. I would actually be kind of upset if they played three or four of the same songs that they played last time I saw them, because it cuts down on the opportunities to see stuff I haven't seen.