View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Regardless of setlist content... couldn't they somehow have managed longer setlists? I know they're the "bottom" 2 bands, but if the show started at like 5, how did they figure Anthrax only could afford 9 songs?
Metallica usually plays for about 2hrs and 15 mins, I honestly believe that's in their contract that they can't do less than that as a headliner and you've got something like an 11 o'clock curfew to. They're playing an open air stadium in the middle of the city so there's no way they can play passed that.

So, that's the reason for the short Anthrax set. Most of it was standard but at least they threw in two new ones in. I was hoping maybe they would do Earth On Hell or In The End off the new album but we've got their own tour coming up soon to look forward to a few more new tunes.

With Megadeth I didn't expect anything different than what they did. I'm not sure why anyone else would either since they never change anything up even when Dave is healthy. Now he's nursing some shoulder injury and you expect them to mix it up now?

Slayer played a good set but once again it's the usual stuff. I'm sure all three bands sounded great and rock the place hard and that's really all that matters when it comes to playing live.