View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 10:16 PM
not a N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
are you going to college next year?
yes, I'm going at least this year and next. my entire band is in one area and going to colleges 10 mins or so away from each other, we're going to try as hard as we can to tour on long breaks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
No problem! That's awesome news. Shirts + stickers are a good idea. CD's, too, of course. And not expensive; you don't really want to make money off of them at first. Just get your name out. I'm twice as likely to buy a cool local band tee if its $5 or $10 versus $15 or $20. I guess at this point, you should just focus on playing as many shows as possible and getting to know your local scene as best as you can.

Logan does raise a good point: you have college, right? That tends to be a little important...
yeah, we're gonna charge probably 10 bucks for shirts, depending on how much it cost to make them, but never over 10 for now. also, that's what we're trying to do. we've already made friends with a couple of really promising local bands, and have been playing all the shows we can get on. and yes, but we're going to do our best to work around college.