View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
With their music the way it is, i'm sure switching the set up majorly every single night has to be quite a chore.
Probably, but when you're a band who have made their name based on being outstanding musicians, that's not much of an excuse.

Quote:
I mean, 99% of other bands use the same setlist for every show during a single touring leg.
And they're all wrong for doing it too. Majority doesn't equal correct.

Quote:
And to the comment about fans wanting to be surprised about what's going to be played, there's a really simple solution for that: Don't look up setlists on the internet before your show.
It's not just a case of not looking up the setlist. A lot of bands' setlist can predicted WITHOUT looking up the setlist of a specific tour, and that not happening is something DT fans have long valued. As I said above, I don't think they'll slip into the playing-the-same-hits-every-year trap, but nevertheless, the changing setlists was a dimension of a DT show that set them apart from other bands. They're just stripping away another piece of what has made Dream Theater Dream Theater.

20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival