View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 11:15 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post

Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare

Either everyone has never heard of this album, or have heard it and loved it. Of course, I pertain to the latter here, because this album is one of a kind.

Fast, technical and all around brilliant is what I would use to describe this album. The guitar work is remarkable, especially the riffs. I would go as far to say that the riffs on this album are some of the best in thrash metal. The guitar solos are very fast and compliment the riffs and rest of the song. The drumming is very fast as well and keeps up the high pace of this album. The vocals are powerful and pretty angry as well, which fits the theme of this album.

I do love this album and it is AMAZING, but it's #30 because there are other albums that I love more out of personal preference. Same goes with a lot of albums on here. If you haven't heard this band or album before and you claim you love thrash, you don't love thrash until you listen to it. Prepare to be blown away.

Highlights:
Bodies on Bodies
Eternal Nightmare
Kill on Command
LOVE this album! Ironically I saw Vio-lence on this tour open for Voivod then soon after saw Vio-lence headline with Rigor Mortis opening. One of my favorite live bands and definitely another reason why Robb Flynn is the most underrated Rock Star in the history of music.

Even as the opener they still played this entire album and Torture Tactics. I couldn't get into Voivod after them until they did Astronomy Domine which blew me away. Good times...