View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 05:33 AM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Evanescence is still a thing? Are they even that big of a draw?
I would venture to guess that draw what Rob Zombie, Godsmack, Disturbed, Shinedown, etc in most major cities, probably selling out 4000 seat clubs. Fallen sold almost as many copies as Appetite For Destruction even though it was released 15 years later when album sales were on the decline due to the internet. Due to this will likely always be able to at least headline clubs.

I have seen several of the other female fronted bands like In This Moment, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, Otep, Arch Enemy, etc. I think Amy Lee's range and live performance has all of the rest beat. I wasn't really a big fan but after this show she has won me over. If you had asked me my opinion of her a day before the show I would have told you she has an above average voice laced with copious amounts of effects. I was wrong. She has a powerful voice with a bit of reverb/delay added like any other vocalist. Evanescence is nowhere close to being my fav band but I have to give her the respect she earned from me at this show.