View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
First time seeing Suicidal. Kinda fun, and holy shit I've never seen a crowd go from 0 to 100 so fast as this one did as soon as that first song kicked off. The entire front half of the crowd literally went from stationary to apeshit in 2 seconds flat.

But year, 12 songs in 80 minutes when you're not a prog band? Mike Muir needs to shut the fuck up and play more songs. Some of his ramblings went on for around three/four minutes each. And they need to play a better variety too. They have some awesome grooves in their catalogue, but they overload the set with songs which have a super-fast part and dull riffs, which gets boring after about three songs.
Couldn't agree more. I don't mind some of that rambling but it's ridiculous how long he goes on and half of the time I had no clue what he was talking about. For as much shit as grunge bands take bands like Pearl Jam and Soundgarden never play less than 2 hours and often times play 2 hours and 20 or 30 minutes. There no reason they don't play the entire 1st album almost every show. It's 32 minutes and every song is great.

Where is Send me Your Money, Disco's out, Murder's in, Waking the Dead, Can't Stop, Asleep at the Wheel & especially Suicidal Maniac? Even a few medleys would be cool. I'd have to nominate ST for one of the worst setlist bands out there actually. They just don't get it...