View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Sorry I'm coming in here late, but boy oh boy, what a list! :highfive:

This is really, really interesting. I'm loving the choice with Abigail William's early album and early Dimmu Borgir. I respect those releases a lot. Personally, I find it really sad that Abigail turned into a generic black metal band; they had an interesting style going for them on their first EP. Cool choice, though.

As for the Whitechapel: interesting choice, as well. I didn't know you even had a shred of respect for deathcore. I'll say that it was a solid release, and they're trying more and more to be accessible to the death metal crowd, and abandoning their scene roots.

Death is awesome, as well. Can't wait to see the rest!
Damn I'm just seeing this lol

I agree about Abigail Williams, I personally prefer the older stuff, but the new stuff is alright too.

I LOOOOVEEE Whitechapel lol. I enjoy a bit of deathcore, but so much of the scene is too repetitive and overdone, which is why I enjoyed that CD so much.

My god. The first time I heard this I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It was so new, so enticing, so awesome! Of course I found these guys after hearing that Alex Webster was the bassist so I gave them a shot, and I'm so glad I did. Prog metal with obvious death metal influences, but it works so well. It doesn't get boring with repetitive, long riffs or with oodles and oodles of nonsensical shredding. Ron Jarzombek is a hell of a guitarist and performs excellently on this release. I read somewhere that he uses the 12 note theory on everything, so he doesn't stick to a key, and tries to use every half-interval note possible. It probably isn't that new or innovative for a prog group, but it just think it's interesting. Anyways, I just really enjoy this album, and some of the songs are just unbelievable.

Favorite Tracks:
BLEEDING IN THE BRAIN, Laser Labotomy, Synaptic Plasticity, Adenosine Buildup