View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Daimonos's Hall of Fame

Because I'm bad at making lists (especially Top 100's, ect.), every now and then I'm gonna throw up an entry for an album that has some kind of significance to me. They're not in any order. I'm just going to post them as I think of them. I may try to rank them in the future, though. Don't be surprised if I don't keep this updated .

And the first induction for Daimonos's Hall of Fame...

#1. BEHEMOTH - Evangelion.

1. Daimonos
2. Shemhamforash
3. Ov Fire and the Void
4. Transmigrating Beyond Realms ov Amenti
5. He Who Breeds Pestilence
6. The Seed ov I
7. Alas, Lord Is Upon Me
8. Defiling Mortality of Black God
9. Lucifer

Tonight, I randomly decided to play this album on my iPod. It was the first time I'd really paid attention to it for awhile, and I remembered how fucking awesome it is. Then I realized that the album I bought the album exactly two years ago when it was released in the US. It was my Number One Album of 2009, and it might be my favorite Behemoth album.

To me, this is album Behemoth has been building up to for the last ten years or so, the perfection of the Behemoth sound, if you will. The riffs are all monumental, the drums are attacking, and Nergal sounds like a warlord, charging a fierce, dark, blackened, death metal army into battle. The album opens up with one of my favorite Behemoth songs, "Daimonos". This song captures Behemoth doing what they do best, and is a fine representation of the band, as well as a great introduction to the album. It sets the tone. Other favorites would be "Ov Fire and the Void", "Transmigrating Beyond Realms ov Amenti", and "The Seed ov I". But I really can't pick favorites, because I love the whole damn album.

Daimonos
Transmigrating Beyond Realms ov Amenti

Last edited by daimonos; 08-10-2011 at 09:11 PM.