View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 06:04 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by srm90 View Post
I think they're one of the worst bands I've ever seen and I hate the vocalist with a passion.
Fair enough, I can see how its easy to hate Mitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
As much as I really don't like a lot of their music (I've always dug "Unanswered", though), Suicide Silence are easily the best deathcore live act I've ever seen. They actually manage to sound heavy as fuck, which oh so many other deathcore bands fail to accomplish. I think it has something to do with their guitar tone. They've got more of a raw death metal tone compared to their peers.

I also probably like them live because they actually look metal as fuck, aside from Mitch obviously. Idk, I just like watching the constant pinwheel headbanging.

I must point out though that Mitch comes across to me that he needs to get his head out of his ass. I was reading some interview where he said something along the lines of "I don't write typical death metal lyrics that mean nothing, I write about shit that really matters."
I agree with pretty much all of this. They are definitely "heavy" live, and I'd argue its all in their guitar tone. Again, they mostly look metal as hell, which is awesome. Lots of windmilling.

Mitch is a great frontman, even though I'd agree he is an arrogant ass. Even live, he was one of those guys who kept yelling, "CIRCLE PIT YOU MOTHERFUCKERS! GET VIOLENT!" Which kind of annoys me. It gets the crowd going, though, which overall makes the show more fun. I'd argue that they were better at interacting with the crowd versus Acacia Strain and Whitechapel, for example.

Last edited by jd091; 08-10-2011 at 06:06 PM.