View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge
Well, we hung out in the venue for a bit before heading out. We heard "Diamonds And Rust", "I'm A Rocker", and "Deal With The Devil" from the parking lot, and they sounded pretty shaky.

(Also, we were in our seats for the first half hour of the Priest set, I honestly think that's plenty of time for them to warm up, especially after walking in on Queensryche's third song and seeing them in full force already )

If I had never heard "Beyond The Realms of Death" before, I would've probably stayed. But I just heard it less then 11 months ago anyways, so there wasn't much incentive.
OK, I think I used the wrong phrase, so allow me to clarify a little bit. A professional band should not need any real warmup time frame, so to speak. Queensryche hit the stage on fire and did not let up for their entire set. Their energy level was high and the songs just ripped. Maiden always hit the stage with a lot of energy. I guess with Priest I was really thinking more in terms of the set list. I don't really expect a lot of running around the stage from these guys. I think the first half of the set list is very questionable. Not that the songs are bad, just that I can think of many songs that I would rather hear. But I really liked the second half of the set. I think the songs were well executed and maybe a little tighter. By the way, the crowd energy was pretty high during the entire show in Chicago even though the band was rather stationary. Just random thoughts.....