View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

So yeah, it's me finally checking in here. Just completed the hat trick of U2 / Interpol (Tuesday), Obscura / Skeletits (Wednesday) and Clutch / Flogging Molly (tonight), and I'm fucking EXHAUSTED. It's not just the three shows in three days thing, but the late night (early morning?) at the poker table in Pittsburgh, the shitty sleep in a lousy hotel room for five hours (tops) afterward, the crazy amount of shit I had to do today at work to even begin to catch up, the sun, the heat, the humidity, the lack of proper food and fluids intake, etc. etc. etc.

So I'm gonna keep this brief. Basically, everything JD said is pretty much spot on. By the way, the deal with Obscura having no bassist was discussed a few weeks ago here. The new guy is someone from Japan that they apparently just hired, so they'll probably hook up with him when they go back to Europe, I guess. The bass tracks were clearly being played from a tape loop - I'm surprised no one has mentioned so far that there were times that guitar sounds were being made, but neither Steffen nor Christian was playing! Those were the bass parts you were hearing, and you'll note that sometimes they sound more like guitar parts than bass - that's the way Jeroen played. He was a fucking demon - his presence will be greatly missed, methinks.

Also, whoever made the comment about Ocean Gateways being the heaviest thing since Vacuity was spot on. That shit is so. Fucking. Heavy. I absolutely love that song, and I'm glad I stuck around long enough to hear it.

So that's all I've got for now. JD's set lists are accurate with what I had saved in my Blackberry, so big ups to him for pulling that off while being sick as a motherfucker. Shouts to Boatvan (is that you, Paul?) - welcome to hell, brother.