View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Hell On Earth Tour -- Pittsburgh, PA -- July 23rd, 2011

Back in Pittsburgh for the second night in a row tonight. This time for Slayer/Rob Zombie's Hell On Earth tour. I've been looking forward to this for awhile night, but after Clutch last night I didn't feel like this would be any better, and it wasn't, really. But it still was a great time.

Tonight's show was at the new venue, Stage AE,'s outdoor stage, so I was interested to see how that would work, and really excited to be that close to the almighty SLAYYYERRRR!!!! When I got there, Exodus was about half way through their set. I've never really been that into Exodus, but they were pretty good live.

Next up was Slayer, I was a little bit suprised because I thought they were headlining, but oh well. Better to get all the energy out and chill later, right? Slayer took the stage and the place turned into a madhouse. It was like any side stage show at Ozzfest or Mayhem, but twice as intense. And there was a damned good reason for it to be that way. Slayer was onstage. I headbanged and rocked out for the solid hour or more that they played. I have no complaints about their set really, other than that I woulda liked to see Hell Awaits, and I could have done without Snuff. But whatever. Slayer put on a hell of a show, and I was completely satisfied.

I wasn't sure how I was going to react to Zombie. But he managed to take all the energy that was in the audience from Slayer, and multiply it into fun. A damn good time, if you will. His voice was a bit off at times, but it wasn't anything horrible. His stage show was fantastic, though, and I didn't really have any problems with the songs he played. Pussy Liquor was fun. He probably came back out for an encore, but I didn't see it.

Exodus
The Ballad of Leonard and Charles
Iconoclasm
Blacklist
Bonded By Blood
The Toxic Waltz
Strike Of The Beast

Slayer
World Painted Blood
Hate Worldwide
War Ensemble
Postmortem
Dittohead
Dead Skin Mask
Spirit in Black
Mandatory Suicide
Chemical Warfare
Silent Screams
Seasons in the Abyss
Snuff
South of Heaven
Raining Blood
Black Magic
Angel of Death

Rob Zombie
Jesus Frankenstein
Superbeast
Scum of the Earth
Living Dead Girl
More Human Than Human
Sick Bubble-Gum
Pussy Liquor
Never Gonna Stop (The Red, Red Kroovy)
Mars Needs Women
Thunder Kiss '65
Dragula

Last edited by daimonos; 07-24-2011 at 08:21 AM.