View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 07:55 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
For a rock band Disturbed's music has gotten way to mechanical/computerized sounding, cut & paste with no soul. Each album has a few good song but they would have been better served to put out an album every 3 years with less filler material compared to their nonstop album release followed by a tour followed by a new album and another tour. Fans are burnt out on Disturbed and now Disturbed is just going through the motions and are apparently tired of each other. Disturbed has oversaturated the metal market starting with 10,000 Fists. Its like that album came out and they have yet to go away.
10,000 Fists came out in 2005 and Indestructible came out in 2008 so they were sticking with the new album every three years until Asylum came out last year.

I think they band has wanted to end if for a few years now, perhaps since after the 2006 Ozzfest ended. But kept going due to the fact they were hugely successful and they decided to hang on and cash in as much as possible until they couldn't anymore.

I saw them on the 2003 and 2006 Ozzfest and their live show ruled and kicked ass. But when I saw them on the first Mayhem fest they had lost their passion live and I saw that again last year at Uproar.

They've toured non stop over the last three years and there isn't much left for them to accomplish in the music world. So a hiatus after this tour is over is a wise thing at this point. Maybe they can get some of that passion back they had in the first half of the 2000s again.