View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 07:45 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
For a rock band Disturbed's music has gotten way to mechanical/computerized sounding, cut & paste with no soul. Each album has a few good song but they would have been better served to put out an album every 3 years with less filler material compared to their nonstop album release followed by a tour followed by a new album and another tour. Fans are burnt out on Disturbed and now Disturbed is just going through the motions and are apparently tired of each other. Disturbed has oversaturated the metal market starting with 10,000 Fists. Its like that album came out and they have yet to go away.

Nu Metal is starting to die off. Less fans are going to the shows and there aren't any newer bands in that vein coming out to shake things up. Disturbed, Godsmack, Limp Bizkit, Seether, Mudvayne are fading out like hair metal did in the early 90's. Slipknot & SOAD will likely be the only two nu metal ands to carry forward with success due to their loyal, large fan bases. While I'm not sure where the next Nirvana will come from or who it will be I think it arrives in the next year to year and a half and drives the final nail into the nu metal coffin.
I agree on everything except Limp Bizkit, they are still getting a huge push in Europe and doing very well because of Kerrang etc. pushing them. Same with Linkin Park, but they stopped being a metal band with the last record. I do agree though, there is going to be a new band that will spawn a new wave of popular metal/rock and nu metal as a fashion statement and stylistic definition will effectively die in the mainstream.