View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 10:07 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Clutch -- Pittsburgh, PA -- July 22nd, 2011

After driving around forever to find a parking lot and walking two miles to the venue, I finally got to Stage AE, which is a new place in Pittsburgh. This is the first show I've been to there, and it really wasn't bad, other than location. Got in and hung out with Moobys for a little bit and ate.

The first band on was Groundscore. I had heard some weird things about them, but I thought they were pretty interesting and enjoyable. They're like a hardcore punk/reggae hybrid. You can tell they're playing their hearts out onstage, and the drummer was awesome. They ended up playing around 40 minutes.

Not long after they were done, Mike Dean from Corrosion of Conformity came onstage and told everyone that the drummer Reed Mullin had passed out because of the heat or something, and that they couldn't play the show. It was pretty disappointing, but I hope all is well with them.

After a pretty decent wait, Clutch took the stage. This was my first Clutch headlining show, so I was excited as hell. They opened with Gravel Road and I nearly lost it. They really put on a great show, and it seemed like they played for awhile. At least an hour and a half, maybe and hour and 45. Although the set wasn't as varied as I had hoped for (lack of Elephant Riders, Self Titled, PRF material), they did play 7 songs off of Blast Tyrant. They might have gone a little heavy on it, but I didn't mind because I love every song on the album. They also played a new song, that Neil said they finished at soundcheck that day, which was pretty rockin'.

Really lookin forward to seeing these guys again. This was the best show I've seen in awhile. Setlist may be slightly out of order.

Clutch setlist:

Gravel Road
Burning Beard
Spleen Merchant
Promoter (Of Earthbound Causes)
Sea of Destruction
The Dragonfly
Subtle Hustle
New Song
Mercury
Profits of Doom
The Mob Goes Wild
Cypress Grove
Abraham Lincoln
The Incomparable Mr. Flannery
Electric Worry
One Eye Dollar
--------------------
Big News I
Jam
Big News II
Pure Rock Fury

Last edited by daimonos; 07-23-2011 at 10:24 AM.