View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Rats off to ya

The Devin Townsend Project -- New York, NY -- July 16th, 2011

I arrived at the venue a little late and missed most of Obscura's set (sorry Ian). By the time I got in Obscura just started their last song. I guess I can't really review them but yeah, the one song I saw was good.

Obscura:
1. Septuagint
2. Anticosmic Overload
3. Ocean Gateways
4. Vortex Omnivium
5. Centric Flow

Next Septic Flesh came out. They were damn good but unfortunately some bullshit happened halfway into there set and instead of them fixing it they just left.

Septic Flesh:
The Vampire From Nazareth
Communion
The Great Mass of Death
Pyramid God

It sucked that SF's set got cut short but this also meant that Devy would take the stage sooner then expected. Devin Townsend was every bit as great as I would've hoped. His voice is so good live it's scary.

The Devin Townsend Project:
By Your Command
Truth
OM
Supercrush
Kingdom
Stand
Juular

After Devy's set me, makethemsuffer12, shatteredflame, and a shit ton of other people got on line for the Devin Townsend meet and greet. I took a picture with Devy (already posted it in the pictures thread) and got the pick I caught during his set signed. While I was on line Children of Bodom started playing but I din't give a shit cause they were playing a bunch of songs I don't care for. After meeting Devy I got a nice cold cup of water and found a nice spot to enjoy bodom for the rest of the night. They were good, i'm just not to into them these days. I'm assuming the set was the same as the rest of the tour.

Children of Bodom:
Not My Funeral
Bodom Beach Terror
Needled 24/7
Shovel Knockout
Roundtrip to Hell and Back
In Your Face
Living Dead Beat
Children Of Bodom
Hate Me!
Blooddrunk
Angels Don't Kill
Follow the Reaper
Downfall

Encore:

Was It Worth It?
Are You Dead Yet?
Hate Crew Deathroll

Last edited by BloodoftheKings; 07-17-2011 at 07:24 AM.