View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 07:11 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Something funny I just noticed about Primus, it seems like on every tour for an album the album before that album has become hated and ignored live. When I saw them tour for the Brown Album I can't remember them playing anything from Tales From the Punchbowl (they refused to play Winnona at that times even). Then later when touring for Anti-Pop Les Claypool was quoted as saying, "who wants to hear something from the Brown Album...me neither" and that was it. I don't think they played anything. That album didn't fit in with the sound they were going with at the time anyway. But they were playing stuff from Tales... again. Now here we are on what could be considered the beginning of the touring for Green Naugahyde and nothing from Anti-Pop, at least at the two shows posted here the last few days. But Brown Album stuff has worked it's way back into the set-list.

I can agree with them though for not playing anything from Anti-Pop
They still refuse to play Wynona's Big Brown Beaver. I mean at least since the start of the 2010 tour. And they have played one song off Antipop this tour which was Coattails Of A Dead Man. But yeah overall that's a pretty interesting concept you bring up.