View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 05:28 AM
Music? Yeah... it's my life.

Motley Crue -- Uncasville, CT -- July 15th, 2011

My first Crue show after hundreds of concerts... Yes, Tommy Lee has taken my virginity finally!

First up was New York Dolls. I didnt really know much about them going in, but they played a good old rock'n'roll set. I was pretty excited when I found out that Earl Slick is handling lead guitar duties on this tour. They played to a mostly empty arena...

New York Dolls

1. Looking For A Kiss
2. Dance Like a Monkey
3. Cause I Sez So
4. Who Are the Mystery Girls?
5. Talk To Me, Baby
6. Kids Like You
7. Pills
8. Trash
9. Personality Crisis

A quick breakdown of the Dolls' setup followed, so quick they didnt even put the house lights up, just left some of the white stage lights on. Then the Poison 25th Anniversary backdrop came down and the crowd went wild. Several Guns'N'Roses and AC/DC tunes played on the PA (complete with accompanying light show for each!). Then CC, Rikki and Bobby took the stage, then were joined by Brett - much to the delight of the women in attendance judging by the screams. They were actually quite good and really seemed sincere about thanking "us" for 25 great years, and getting him through all the illnesses, etc they have endured. A fair amount of pyro in the show, which was surprising to me for some reason!

Poison

1. Look What The Cat Dragged In
2. Ride The Wind
3. We're An American Band
4. Your Mama Don't Dance
5. C.C. Deville Guitar Solo
6. Fallen Angel
7. Unskinny Bop
8. Rikki Rockett Drum Solo
9. Every Rose Has It's Thorn
10. Talk Dirty To Me
11. Nothin' But a Good Time

Again, no house lights, just stage lighting while the roadies broke down the Poison Set. Finally they dropped a simple white curtain in front of the stage, and continued checking gear... Then without any warning, 4 or 5 LOUD fireworks went off on the stage and the curtain dropped and it was Crue time! Say what you will about the same old setlist... they deliver the goods - insane amounts of pyro, Tommy Lee on the roller coaster drum set, Scantily clad women dancing on stage with them, crazy light show, Nikki's seemingly sincere little "church" speech talking about everything they had been through in the last 30 years - including a shoutout to Mick for literally falling apart physically, and being "half metal and half flesh but still coming out and kicking ass every night". Oh and loud as hell too!

Motley Crue

1. Wild Side
2. Saints of Los Angeles
3. Live Wire
4. Shout at the Devil
5. Same Ol' Situation (S.O.S.)
6. Primal Scream
7. Home Sweet Home
8. Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)
9. Drum Solo
10. Looks That Kill
11. Dr. Feelgood