View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Ya know, I just realized I never really commented on the setlist per se, so here goes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
1. Even Better Than the Real Thing
2. The Fly
3. Mysterious Ways
4. Until the End of the World
They were on a bit of an "Achtung Baby" kick at the end of the setlist the last time I saw them - now it looks like they're getting it out of their system at the beginning of the set. Either way, I've always loved that album, so yeah.

Quote:
5. I Will Follow
Very old school. Nice.

Quote:
6. Get On Your Boots
Songs like this are why people such as Brad and powerslave_85 are convinced that U2 are shit, and if songs like this are all they've ever been exposed to, then I can actually understand them having that opinion. Seriously, guys - I was thrilled to see almost no songs from "...Horizon" in the current setlist, but you could have played "Magnificent" instead of this. Just sayin'.

Quote:
8. Stay (Faraway, So Close)(accoustic)
I fell in love with this song again when they played it in NYC a few years ago (i.e., in an earlier leg of this tour), but I'm not sure how much I'd like it as an acoustic number.

Quote:
9. Beautiful Day/Space Oddity
Awesome U2 song, regardless of the flak it gets from young hormone-raging males who think it's "gay" to get be touch with concepts like joy and gratitude. I'm not sure what David Bowie has to do with anything here, but considering Bono's love for classic rock stars, I guess I'm not surprised they did this snippet.

Quote:
13. Zooropa
Guys - seriously? If you have to represent that album, "Stay..." is good enough - or surprise us and rip out a rendition of "The Wanderer", maybe - but not this. C'mon.

Quote:
14. City of Blinding Lights
Best song on the celebration of mediocrity that was "...Atomic Bomb". This song seriously gives me goosebumps. ("Miracle Drug" is pretty damn good, too. )

Quote:
16. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (disco version)/ one verse from Discothèque/Psycho Killer
See above comment for "Boots". They've been remixing this song ever since it came out in a vain attempt to get the fans to like it, and guess what, guys? We still don't. Just face it, this song sucks. (Actually, the original is better if they absolutely feel the need to play this.)

Quote:
18. Scarlet
Whoa, another oldie. Must be a 20th anniversary of the "October" album thing. I don't believe they've ever played this song live until this leg of this tour.

Quote:
22. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
OK, so you wrote this song for a shitty movie. Fine. You don't have to play it live, though - and especially not as a fucking encore.

Quote:
24. Moment of Surrender
Fucking. Weak.

Didn't like it in NYC, not looking forward to it in Pittsburgh.

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
BRING BACK 40
This guy knows what the fuck he is talking about.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 07-13-2011 at 07:00 AM.