8. Stay (Faraway, So Close)(accoustic)
9. Beautiful Day/Space Oddity
10. Elevation
11. Pride
12. Miss Sarajevo
13. Zooropa
14. City of Blinding Lights
15. Vertigo
16. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (disco version)/ one verse from Discothèque/Psycho Killer
17. Sunday Bloody Sunday
18. Scarlet
19. Walk On
20. One
21. Tomorrow/Where the Streets Have No Name

encore
22. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
23. With or Without You
24. Moment of Surrender

I got their too late to see openers Interpol, I heard they were pretty good. U2 went on at a little passed 9:00pm and went headstrong into four songs off Actung Baby! which was awesome since it's probably my favorite album by them. Strangely enough the crowd sat on their hands for the first part of the set. It wasn't until I Will Follow that people got out of their chairs and started jumping around, and even after that it was really only during more recent singles like Beautiful Day and Elevation, and the BIG songs like Where the Streets Have No Name that people got up and moved. Too bad because they were completely dead during Miss Sarajevo/Zooropa/City of Blinding Lights section, which I thought was the best part of the show. They did a good job of playing enough stuff for the casual fans (who made up a majority of the 58000 in attendance) and some less known stuff for the more hardcore fans. I was left a little disappointed when they ended with Moment of Surender when another set-list I saw posted here had them ending with my favorite U2 song, All I Want is You. I can't see why they ended with that song. It's a terrible song and it just killed the crowd.

As far as the performace, the band sounded a little rough as a whole towards the beginning but got into fine form as the set went on. Only Bono sounded really bad at any times passed that. He sang a lot of songs off-time, I'd imagine it was just his way of keeping some of these songs he's been singing for 25 years fresh. He is a complete dork too. The accoustic version of Stay was horrible, which was really too bad since it's one of their best. And the disco version of Crazy was just terrible. Mysterious Ways didn't sound very good either. I can't pinpoint what it was, but it was early in the set and as I said they sounded a little rough towards the beginning, especially on that song. Everything else was spot on. At least they played a verse from the Pop album. Space Oddity was a terrible intro too.

Overall I really wasn't too impressed with this show. The stage was fine if you're impressed by that kind of thing but as a person who sees 95% of their concerts in small 200-500 capacity venues I didn't care. If U2 was to play Toronto next year I wouldn't go, but if they're still around in ten years and their recorded output improves in that time then I might.

2.5/5
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation

Last edited by adamclark52; 07-11-2011 at 09:57 PM.