View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 09:20 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

You guys are gonna hate me... but I'm bumping this thread

BECAUSE

I decided to hunker down and listen to this album front-to-back to decide if I want to see BMTH on their upcoming headliner with Parkway Drive and Architects... and I can say that I actually really, really like it! Now don't dismiss me straight out, because Manks had some legitimate points here: this album sounds way different than all the "scene" stuff right now. Nothing at all like their first album, and much more mature than Suicide Season, evolving on that sound. I don't quite know what genre to lump it in, but its really interesting. The more I hear them, the more I love Oli's yelling vocals as opposed to his old, generic lows and generic highs.

This album isn't deathcore, and I'm not even sure if I would call it metalcore. To be honest, its unlike anything I've heard at this point. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm really glad I gave this band another chance, and tried to put their whole "image" and fans out of my mind. Its a lot better than the whole crabcore/scenecore shit going on right now.

Hate me.