View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 11:00 AM
welp

(Shogun)

Aaaaaaand this is where people are going to get butthurt. "A Trivium album above a Maiden album???!! BLASPHEMYYYYY ARRRGGHHHH!!!!!11" Trivium has been one of my favorite bands for a while now, and while I wouldn't say they're a better band than Maiden by any means, they'll always have a special place in my heart. It also helps that this album is absolutely monstrous. It is the album that combines all of the elements that has made Trivium great in the past and at the same time managed to shut some of the haters up. The band's musicianship and songwriting has never been better than on this album. Stylistically, the band takes their thrash, prog, and melodeath influences and combines them with their pop-esque melodic sensibility found on their previous releases. All these elements combine to create a heavy, technically proficient, and accessible metal album that really stands out, IMO. If you still doubt me, then listen to the album's epic title track (their masterpiece, if you ask me) to truly see what this band is capable of.

Standout Track
Shogun