View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 03:30 PM
welp

Everyone's got their favorite Maiden album, so here's mine. If you regularly post on this board, then I really don't need to tell you why this album is so great. It's Maiden, one of the, if not, the greatest heavy metal band of all time, at one of their finest moments. The opening one-two punch of "Aces High" and "2 Minutes to Midnight" is one of the greatest album openers in metal history. The middle of the album has some truly underrated songs, my favorite probably being "Back in the Village," as I've always been a fan of Maiden's speedier, up-tempo songs. But the end of the album is what seals the deal for me. The middle-eastern influenced riffing combined with traditional Maiden style on the album's title track makes it stand out as one of the best songs of Maiden's career. And last but certainly not least, possibly my favorite Maiden song of all time, the 13-and-a-half minute epic, "Rime of the Ancient Mariner." What makes this song so great is that it truly takes you on a journey (a good modern example of such a song would be Mastodon's "The Last Baron"). A true classic.

Standout Track
Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Last edited by makethemsuffer12; 06-30-2011 at 09:28 AM.