View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
K bub. I don't know what I'm talking about. I've gotten a jaw sprain at a Terror show from getting punched in the side of the face. There are plenty of idiots at hardcore shows.
You were just unlucky.

I didn't mean that stuff doesn't happen, because it does - especially with so many people going off the wall - I'm just sayin', it's a common misconception that all of hardcore is all about being macho/badass and beating the shit out of people.

People like that only make up a small percentage of the hardcore scene. I'll share an incident a friend told me about. A couple years ago he saw a local band, Murder Death Kill, and he said during the set one of the vocalists said something like "You [area code] guys know what to do." And then a whole bunch of built guys started beating the shit out of everybody in the venue, and security couldn't do anything about it. But when you look at videos of hardcore bands playing, how much of that stuff do you see? Bands like Murder Death Kill are the ones who give hardcore a bad reputation. It's mostly just people having fun, stage diving, crowd surfing, dancing, and screaming the lyrics. When you go to a hardcore show you see a lot more passion in the crowd than most other genres of music.

While on this subject, I'll post a video that represents that vibe I'm talking about.

Stop and Think (Boston hardcore): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULZOgpOeSQQ